Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quite The Adventure

You can always tell when it's time to register for classes on this college campus. It's interesting, really. During the two weeks registration takes place, there's almost this air of stress and frustration that descends on campus. If you're around someone who's got a later registration time, you could swear that the tension could be cut with a knife.

Now, usually I'm not one to get too frazzled over many things. In fact, last semester, my registration went off without a hitch. This time, though, I was ready to scream. Being the freshman I am, I naturally got a later time for registration. Therefore, by the time I got to sign up for classes today, most everything was filled. It took me over two hours to get into all my classes. And even then, I wasn't happy with my schedule. I'm sincerely praying that something opens up this summer during open registration.

The attitudes on a college campus are really quite interesting. Usually things are pretty easy-going. Even the professors at my college are pretty mellow. But when something like registration occurs, tensions rise instantly. It doesn't even have to be something as major as class registration, though. It can be something like a football game, and everyone gets all riled up. I find it interesting that the emotions of a college campus are so diverse and change in an instant. I also find it interesting that college manages to make things that, in all actuality should be quite simple, horribly complicated. It never ceases to amaze me.

This isn't to say that I dislike college, though. Oh, no. I love college. I love the school I go to. Most of the time, I love the people around me. I just find it a little ridiculous that they make almost everything into an adventure. Perhaps, with time, though, everything will even out.

One can hope, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna say? Questions, comments, concerns? Go ahead and leave them here. I always love to hear what others have to say! :)