Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Yes, indeed, it's that time again. New Year's Day has come and gone, and now many people are looking at their New Year's Resolutions and trying to figure out how the heck they're going to manage to pull those off. I too have made some resolutions and am now currently doing the same thing.

Resolution #1: Eat healthier.
Now, I don't know about you, but I happen to go to the college with the 4th best food in the state (or is it the nation?). D-Hall is God, and I've been known to eat too much there. However, my school also has a lot of choices in regards to food. Ergo, I have a feeling that with a little self-control, I can complete this resolution. All I've gotta do is stop snacking while writing papers.

Resolution #2: Exercise More.
This will be easy this semester. After all, I'm taking a swimming class. It's the rest of the year I'm worried about. Generally speaking, a full-time lifeguard/asst. manager who works 40+ hours a week doesn't get much personal time. More often than not, I'm up at 07:45 AM (Earlier this year, if I have to fight for the bathroom with my brother), at the pool by 10:00 AM, and leaving the pool anytime between 07:00-10:00 PM, depending on the day. That said, I don't have a lot of free time. I guess I'll have to work something in between shifts. Swimming laps while on duty? Perhaps...

Resolution #3: Stop Procrastinating.
This is a big one for me. I am queen of procrastination. It is a way of life I've perfected over the past several years. Heck, I was procrastinating on school projects when I was in second grade. And now I'm a college student. Who am I kidding? It'll take one huge miracle for me to pull this one off.

So, those are my resolutions. Will I achieve any of them? Who knows. I guess the new year will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna say? Questions, comments, concerns? Go ahead and leave them here. I always love to hear what others have to say! :)