Sunday, January 31, 2010

Holy Weather, Batman!

So, if you've spent any time in the state of Virginia, then naturally, you'll know that it has bipolar weather. During the summer, it can be 95 degrees and sunny one minute, and then 75 degrees and storming the next. Or, in the case of winter, it's sunny and 65 degrees one day, and 20 degrees and snowing the next. My initial reaction to all of this weather?

What. The. Hell?

I mean, I've lived in VA all my life, and I'm still befuddled by our weather. And I've never heard of anywhere else having such crazy weather either.

Another typical trait of VA weather is snow. We don't get a lot of snow, but when we do get any, it practically shuts the entire state down. 3 inches of snow = 1 week off of school, which is great... so long as you don't go to college. In my opinion, snow sucks. It's cold, it gets everywhere and makes everything wet, and if you're a college kid (like me) it means your eating options are limited, and you have to brave the outdoors to go get something aside from Ramen to eat. Not to mention, snow causes all kinds of traffic problems (have you ever tried to drive a Kia Spectra in the snow? Not fun... or easy) and leads to the accident-prone having more accidents. I do believe it's safe to say that snow in general just isn't a good thing.

All of this leads me to wonder what the hell is going on with our weather this winter. We've already had 2 major snowstorms (within roughly a month of each other) and 2 minor ones. And the forecasters are saying another system is supposed to move through this weekend. 2 snowstorms in a weak?! Jesus Christ and everything holy and unholy! The end of the world really must be coming soon!

I guess the only thing that can be done, though, is to just suck it up and deal. After all, I can't affect the weather at all, nor can anyone else.

That said, bundle up, don't slip, and look out for snowballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna say? Questions, comments, concerns? Go ahead and leave them here. I always love to hear what others have to say! :)